UBSS Online Library
The Society's Library and Archive contents much material that is rare and thus difficult to find. This includes our own material other than that published in our Proceedings and Newsletter. As time allows, we will digitize these papers and make them available here. This page will list all such publications and will be added to as and when more become available.
Historical Works on Mendip Caving and Archaeology
- Cheddar, Its Cliffs and Caves Published 1842 by Light and Ridler of Bristol.
- Early Life in the West by J.A. Davies. Published 1927.
Works on Irish Caving
- The Desmond Cave at Mitchelstown by D.J. Gargan. Published 1939.
- Doolin - St. Catherine's Cave by Dr O.C. Lloyd. Published 1964.
Material supplementary to published papers in our Proceedings
This section contains detailed material supplementary to that found in papers we have published. For reasons of space and readability, it is not possible to always include raw data, for example, within the original publication. Such material may be found here.
- Uranium-series ages for speleothem and tufa deposits associated with quaternary mammalian fossil eveidence in England and Wales: Supplementary Material. Proc. 27 (1).
UBSS Cave Research Web Hosting
in addition to this website, the Society also hosts a number of stand-alone websites which contain material relating to research into caves and cave archaeology. These may be found by clicking on the links below: