There are a many good caving sites out on the internet, here are just a few of them:
- Map of Mendip Caves with some access details (courtesy BDCC).
- Charterhouse Caving Company Ltd with details of the Charterhouse area caves.
- Mendip Cave Registry and Archive with much information about Mendip caves and caving.
- www.mendipweather.org.uk a weather station on the top of the Wessex Cave Club Hut.
- Mendip Cave Rescue read this before you need their help!
- British Cave Research Association (BCRA) Info on grants, research, insurance and more.
- British Caving Association (BCA) Site packed full with information about British clubs, regional associations, cave conservation, caving techniques etc.
- Council of Southern Caving Clubs (CSCC) is our local regional association.
- Cambrian Caving Council (CCC) is the Welsh regional/national association.
- Council of Northern Caving Clubs (CNCC) has information about access to Yorkshire caves.
- Cavemaps.org has many Yorkshire cave surveys.
- UK caving pages in association with Descent magazine is a great site for information on weather, accomodation, access, general UK caving issues.
Local Cave Clubs With Huts:
Not so local....
Survey and Technique:
- Compass Software Survey data editing and viewing
- Survex Cave survey software
- Therion Cave survey software, editing and viewing.
- UK survey data archive courtesy of the BCA.
- Vertical Techniques Comprehensive site for rope techniques.
- Petzl's site also has some advice on technique and gear safety.
Bristol & Area
Camping and climbing gear, some caving gear. Cheapish. The place to go for a sleeping bag.
Army Surplus StoresGloucester Road
Boiler suits and cheap boots.
Marcruss Stores181 Hotwells road
Boiler suits and cheap wellingtons.
Cotswolds OutdoorStudent discounts available.
Starless RiverTony Seddon's mobile caving shop.
Tel.: +44 (0)1748 811438 or 07896 463971